Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some questions we hear very often. If yours isn’t among them, drop us a line at info [at] dad2summit [dot] com. Operators are sitting by.
1. Who should attend the Dad 2.0 Summit?
– I’m a dadblogger who…
– I’m thinking about starting a dad blog, and I’m looking for pointers from the pros.
– I’m a marketer or PR person looking to work with bloggers and social sites.
– I’m a blogger or online business owner looking to make new contacts.
– I’m a publisher hoping to meet some of the best dad-specific content providers working today.
– I’m a momblogger who loves dadbloggers.
– I’m the partner of a momblogger, and she recommended that I come.
2. When and where will it be held next?
The sixth Dad 2.0 Summit will be held February 9-12, 2017, at the Hyatt Regency La Jolla, just north of San Diego. You can read more about the venue here.
3. Where do I buy tickets?
Our Eventbrite site is here. Blogger tickets will be $249 until the end of December, and $299 from January 1 until the conference starts.
4. What does my ticket include?
Your ticket to the Dad 2.0 Summit includes all-access admission to all conference programming, including:
- All sessions, workshops, keynotes, and hospitality suites during the conference;
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks on Friday and Saturday; and
- Evening events (including food & beverages) for Thursday and Friday nights.
5. Why are there two types of tickets?
For companies who are eager to engage with dads but aren’t ready or able to sponsor, we’ve created the Business Ticket. It involves and invites more brands in our conversation, and it helps keep blogger costs low despite our increasing costs. You can read more about it here.
6. What is the Oren Miller Dad 2.0 Scholarship Fund?
We created Our Scholarship Fund to help more men attend the Dad 2.0 Summit, and in our fourth year we were honored to rename it after Oren Miller, a beloved dad blogger and friend who died of lung cancer on February 28, 2015.
We’ve set up a donation site for anyone who would like to contribute, and whatever we raise is divided and awarded as $500 “Miller Grants.” Also, every conference ticket offers the buyer the option to add a $20 donation to the fund. You can read more about it here.
7. I’m making travel plans. What does the conference schedule look like?
The conference will officially open with the Welcome Party on Thursday night and end Sunday at noon. As the schedule takes shape, however, it is of course subject to change. Therefore, we maintain an online schedule and update it in real time, so you can plan your travel accordingly.
8. Where can I book my hotel room?
The Hyatt Regency La Jolla has a dedicated booking site just for us, and the price is $189/night (the lowest rate we’ve been able to offer. Try online, or call (858) 552-1234 and mention the Dad 2.0 Summit. The room block is mostly for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights, but there are a few rooms available for Wednesday and Sunday nights, while supplies last.
9. Who’s your favorite candidate for President?
Ha. Good one.
10. I have my ticket! How can I connect with other attendees before the conference?
We’ve created a private Dad 2.0 Community Facebook group that is open only to current and past conference attendees. Apply for inclusion after you’ve registered, and after you’re cleared, leave a comment and introduce yourself. It’s a great opportunity to get to know one another, coordinate travel, find a roommate, etc.
11. Are moms invited?
Hell, yes. Our conference has “Dad” in the title, but many moms have spoken with us over the years, and we value their expertise. Plus, we wouldn’t be dads without them.
12. What type of speakers come to the Dad 2.0 Summit? What do they speak about?
We’re very fortunate to have had so many content providers, media professionals, and brand representatives speak at Dad 2.0 over the years. You can find the list of everyone who has ever graced a lectern with us here.
Our conference has a basis in business, and we discuss many facets of how bloggers and brands work together to sustain our industry. But we also know your online presence is most salable after you’ve found your center as a writer, as a father, and as man. Our breakout sessions for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 offer a good look at the topics along this spectrum.
13. How can I speak at the Dad 2.0 Summit?
Our Call for Speakers and Ideas is now live! Submit early and often (and consult these helpful hints) until September 26, and then sign up for our e-mail newsletter, follow our Twitter feed, or hit us up for a Like on Facebook for the latest info.
14. I’m speaking! Can I get reimbursed for my ticket?
Absolutely. If you’ve bought your ticket directly through Dad 2.0 and subsequently sign on as a speaker, you will be reimbursed in full. We prefer to use PayPal, because it’s quick and electronic.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not reimburse ticketholders for tickets bought from any secondary party through a ticket transfer. (More on this in the next point.)
15. What is the ticket policy for refunds and transfers?
We do not offer ticket refunds, and tickets purchased for the 2017 Summit may not transfer to subsequent years. If you are unable to use a ticket you’ve purchased, however, you can find a buyer (which becomes easier after tickets sell out).
If you’d like to transfer or donate your ticket, go to this Eventbrite page for instructions on how to do so, and make sure to update it with ALL of the buyer’s information. (The ticket can only be managed and edited by the original ticket owner.)
When everything has been updated and transferred, notify us at tickets [at] dad2summit [dot] com and identify your buyer, and we’ll confirm that the transfer is complete.
The deadline to transfer your ticket is 5pm Central time on Friday, January 20, 2017.
16. What are the best ways to stay up to date on conference news?
For detailed information delivered every other Wednesday to your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter using the Blue Subscription Stripe at the top of this page. You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
17. How can I apply for a Media/Press Pass for the Dad 2.0 Summit?
Media passes for Dad 2.0 Summit are available by invite only. We reserve the right to refuse media passes, without cause, during pre-registration as well as on-site media registration. Please be advised that media passes are limited in number and are reserved for commercial news outlets.
18. May I bring my family along for the weekend?
We understand the interest in planning a family vacation around our event. Families are absolutely welcome, with the understanding that every family member who would like to attend needs a ticket. If you’re planning a family trip to the conference, please let us know at info [at] dad2summit [dot] com.
It also merits noting that although having your family around is great, it can also be distracting. We recommend that you schedule your days as alone time for you to attend the entire Summit, so you can get the most out of your experience (and save a bunch of money).
19. How can I learn more about becoming a Sponsor?
We’d love to have you! Head over to our Become A Sponsor page and tell us what you have in mind, and we’ll work together on a plan to fit your goals and budget.
20. Is there a 20th question?
No. But technically, Yes.
This just blew our mind. We need to lie down.