We’ve made a zillion announcements for Dad 2.016, but this is one of our favorites. By far.
When we launched our Scholarship Fund last year and sent six applicants $500 stipends to attend Dad 2.015 in San Francisco, we were excited. Because this was clearly a thing. But when those stipends became Miller Grants, you guys went bananas and made this a THING.
Thanks to the community’s utterly amazing largesse, the Oren Miller Dad 2.0 Scholarship Fund raised enough for SEVENTEEN stipends. Which came in handy, because we had four times as many applicants. And here are the 17 Miller Grant recipients for 2016, chosen at random from the pool:
- Andrew Bennett, BenSpark.com
- Brandon Billinger, The Rookie Dad
- Lee Bodenmiller, An Ordinary Dad
- Seth Burleigh, Forty Weeks Later
- Nick Dawson, Dad Labs
- Nick Edwards, The Dadcade
- Mike Granek, Top Daddies
- Karlton Harris, karltonharris.com
- David Kepley, Just A Dad 24/7
- Joël Mejia, L.A. Dads Group
- Luke Pieczynski, Lunch Note Sketch
- Roberto Santiago, An Interdisciplinary Life
- Andrew Shaw, Instafather
- Josh Spicer, Daddy Engine
- Niel Vuolo, Great Moments In Bad Parenting
- Bud Ward, Essentialist Dad
- Jay Wisniewski, Inked Up Dad
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this effort, and to Scholarship Chair Jeff Bogle for pulling it all together. You’re all helping expand our community and laying the foundation for many years to come, and because of that, we’re all 17 times better off.