Speaker Submission Tips
Our 2017 Call For Speakers and Ideas helps you shape our speaker roster and make our Summits the best they can be! And as you prepare your submission(s), see below for some important pointers to keep in mind:
- See where we’ve been. Check out our breakout sessions for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. We realize that some topics are evergreen and worthy of our attention, but we want to avoid carbon copies. If you want to revisit a topic, be sure to tell us what’s changed, and how to update the conversation.
- We run the gamut. We talk a lot about professional blogging and connecting with brands to create content marketing campaigns. But we also know that before you can build a career as a paid blogger, you have to find your groove as a writer, as a father, and as a man. Subject matter over this complete spectrum is welcome.
- Think specific. Rather than suggest a broad idea such as “working with brands,” talk about a particular triumph or challenge you experienced within that relationship, and why that experience was valuable. Tangible takeaways are a must; spirited discussion (and/or debate) encouraged.
- But don’t overthink. Above all else, please do not put off submitting because your idea feels like it isn’t perfect. This is a call for Ideas, and all ideas are welcome.
- We encourage new voices. If you haven’t pitched an idea before, we especially want to hear from you. We thrive on new faces and perspectives; more than 80% of last year’s speakers had never spoken with us before!
- Moms are welcome. Our conference has “Dad” in the title, but many moms have spoken over the years, and we value their expertise.
- No need to reinvent the wheel. Plenty of people have successfully pitched before you, so ask around. Avail yourself of the community, and they won’t steer you wrong.
Whether or not you’re coming to the Hyatt Regency La Jolla next February, and whether you’ve been blogging for 15 years or 15 minutes, your opinion matters. This is your conference, and it relies on your input.
Thanks for your interest in the 2017 Dad 2.0 Summit, and we hope to see you in San Diego!